World War 2, also termed as the Second World War, was a period of fighting between many countries from 1939 to 1945 in Europe, and during 1930 and 1940 in Asia.
World War 2 – Some Millstones!
Dating back to September 1, 1939, Nazi Germany invaded Poland.
As a result, the war in Europe broke out after that event.
In Asia, it happened with the Japanese’s interference to China.
Eventually, the War came to an end with the great cost!
The second atomic bomb was dropped on Nagasaki, Japan
On May 8, 1945, the war in Europe ended with the unconditional surrender of Germany.
Later, on September 2, 1945, the last Axis nation – Japan – announced their official surrender in Asia.
Historically, World War 2 was the largest armed conflict which involved more countries than any other war.
World War 2 – What about the core Powers!!
There were two core powers joining in the war: Axis and Allied.
- Axis Powers:
Germany, Italy, and Japan..
- Allied Powers:
Australia, Brazil, Canada, Soviet Union, United Kingdom, United States, etc.
Besides, some countries remained neutrally.
The war’s impact stretched over the entire world, and put human beings under the fear of nuclear weapon as well as atomic bombs.
From all angles of the globe, civilians’ life was devastate seriously and severely by numerous terrible events.
Some examples are:
- The genocidal killing of Nazi Germany
- Other massacres of civilians like the interior mass killing in Soviet Union
- The bombing in German and Japanese, etc.
Overall, the World War 2 produced about 500 million deaths.
The atomic bomb dropped on August 6, 1945, destroyed most of Hiroshima, Japan –Picture Library
Perhaps, there was no respect for humans’ lives at that time!
World War 2 – The First Atomic Bombs!
In connection with the first atomic bombs dropped in two areas of Japan:
They damaged the country’s structure and civilians tragically not mater how old and who they are.
On August 6 and 9, 1945, the cities of the two areas were cruelly destroy.
- At 8:16:02 AM on August 6, 1945, the first atomic bomb named “Little Boy” exploded the city of Hiroshima. It was estimate that there are about 140,000 people die of the bomb attack. Five years later, another 60,000 victims died as an indirect result of the bomb-related diseases.
- At 11:02 AM on August 9, 1945, the second atomic bomb named “Fat Man” was dropped on the city of Nagasaki. By the end of 1945, people estimated that there were 70,000 people lost their lives because of the bombing.
All in all, this global conflict was very devastating!
Within the 6 years, the “World War 2” took more lives, devastated more land, and destroyed more property all over the globe than any prior war.